Friday, January 20, 2012

Hair Care 101: Leave the Heat

Are you one of those girls who cant live without their blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron?  I used to be, until i noticed the damage it was doing on my hair. I'm not saying you shouldn't use it at all, once or twice a week is ok but using everyday could really kill your hair. I recommend investing in a good flat iron like the KQC Flat Iron or the Chi Flat Iron. They are both a little pricey but it will pay of. You should also get a good blow dryer like the Velecta Paramount Professional Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer and a good curling iron like the Hot Tools Professional Spring Curling Iron. Buying these good quality tools will give you the best results with the minimum amount of damage. Trust me, getting the $20 flat iron at Wallgreens is not gonna pay off. Also, get a heat protectant. I use Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Protection Spray. I like it and it smells amazing. If your just using the blow dryer and don't want to go all out, i recommend using Argan Oil. It is amazing for your hair. If your hair really damaged right now, get your split ends cut off and stop using heat for as long as you can. Trust me, your hair will look and feel so much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment